History of the Connecticut Judicial Seal BannerBanner

Case Look-up Courts Directories Educational Resources E-Services Juror Information Online Media Resource Center Opinions Opportunities Self-Help Frequently Asked Questions Home Attorneys jud Espanol menu







Housing Matters - Where to File   Housing Case Look-up | Forms | FAQs

Includes matters involving summary process, appeals from decisions of fair rent commissions, the discrimination in the sale or rental of residential property, forcible entry and detainer, violations of health and safety standards, security deposits, back rent and damages.

Landlord-tenant matters are to be brought to the court location where the property is located, except as indicated in the exceptions below.

Search for your town to find the correct Court Location and Directions to file:

The statutes that govern where to file these cases are Sections 51-348(b), 51-349 and 47a-68 of the Connecticut General Statutes. To view these statutes, you may use the search function at http://search.cga.state.ct.us/r/statute/dtsearch_form.asp.External Link



Attorneys | Case Look-up | Courts | Directories | Educational Resources | E-Services | Español | FAQs | Juror Information | Media | Opinions | Opportunities | Self-Help | Home

Common Legal Words | Contact Us | Site Map | Website Policies and Disclaimers

Copyright © 2016, State of Connecticut Judicial Branch